New type of life story book which is going to motivate people, men in particular, to join in and engage with activities.
Our life story books are different, not blank templates but full of personal photos and memories which is why they're called "Personal memory books". The books are going to save you and your staff time in finding relevant and interesting materials.
These “Personal Memory Books” aren’t another general photo book at all but specially designed for older people with sights your residents would have seen with their own eyes. With plenty of space on each page to write more information, some of the benefits to you will be:
- Writing in the books is a simple and quick way of recording progress and outcomes of activities, to copy to your own formal care plan later. Families can see at a glance how you’ve been spending time with their relative.
- With a personal copy for a resident showing their likes and dislikes, it is an effective way for all care staff and visitors to easily understand and respect the care plan wishes of the resident.
- This means that these books will help you to involve the family in care choices, avoiding conflict or unrealistic expectations. They will reduce the time you have to spend communicating back to relatives how their family member has been involved and cared for.
- A guide to help the family provide more information on their relative by showing them how and what more background history they can give you.
- Help you staff be able to engage with residents by knowing something about a subject your residents like.
- Something to hand for impromptu reminiscence sessions by staff, relatives and visitors.
- Something good value for money and within budget
- These are all essential if you are going to raise standards and provide evidence when required to CQC