Designed from wood with plenty of texture so that your residents can take their time and explore the object. The letters are large. The door opens easily with a big knob. Not too big so that you can place it in the corner of a room, a corridor or outside in the garden on a pole.
It?s not the modern design but it?s based on the design common in the 1940?s to 1960?s so that it engages with your resident?s long term memory.
Kit consists of
- Hand painted wooden Post box making it very tactile (Drips included!)
- Weatherproof for inside or out
- Fake keyhole- Door latched with magnetic catch
- Delivery plate with your Homes name on
- size 50(H) x 36(w) x 36(d) cm
Collecting the mail for an ex-postman and letting grandchildren post letters to Santa at Christmas are two common uses.
But think about what the Post Box might represent in a clients mind. Some Homes have had tremendous success in using it to represent communication. Read here how one Home turned a unhappy resident with challenging behaviour into a happy bright individual.